Consumers have a lot to look at these days. We’re exposed to several thousand advertisements and websites each day, yet we remember very few of them – despite billions of dollars spent on advertising.
How can you do a better job than your competition at attracting your consumer’s attention?
- Be brief. Decide what to leave out. Be selective about what you say. Pick one point and stick to it, because that’s all the consumer will remember anyway.
- Be bold. Have you ever surfed the web while listening to music, or watched TV while eating dinner? On your usual drive home from work, you can easily chat with an old friend. But while driving on an unfamiliar street in a strange city, we need to stop talking and take in what’s going on around us. Your consumer may be multitasking, too , and is likely to ignore the expected. An unexpected element grabs attention.
- Be clear. The Wizard of Ads, Roy H. Williams, once said, “The price of clarity is the risk of offense.” Clarity leaves little room for vague impressions and enables your consumer to see your brand real. Posing and hype don’t hold up in today’s marketplace, yet many marketers fear telling the truth. Would you dare say who your brand is not for?
- Be sustainable. Once you’ve attracted attention, you must sustain it. Your marketing must grab the consumer and never let them go. Continue to make your website interesting, or consumers will go somewhere else.
- Be relevant. Make sure the attention-grabbers on your website and advertisements are relevant and don’t distract from the main point you want consumers to remember.
What do you want your customer to do? You want them to focus on your brand and your message. You want them to think of you first and best when they have a need for your particular product. You want them to remember why you’re different and how you’re better than your competitors.
Let us help you be attractive.
I am writing to let you know how much I appreciate doing business with you and your company. The level of professionalism of your staff is second to none. They have always been very accommodating to my needs, as well as producing excellent finished products. As you know, nothing is always perfect, but with any problems that have arisen, you have always taken care of them to my satisfaction. I highly recommend your services.
I am a very satisfied customer. I used another company before and they were nowhere close to being as professional, effective, and cost-conscious as you are.
I own a furniture store in a small community. I am what you might call the owner, manager, advertising chief, payroll administrator, etc., etc. So my time is valuable and they help me devote less time on my advertising needs. I don’t think they have ever told me they couldn’t do something that I have requested.
I enjoy seeing your company representatives at furniture markets. I feel it shows that you are connected with our business. I like to support companies that support our industry, especially during these difficult economic times.
My representative is a wonderful person and a joy to work with. Because of her, my advertising has paid off and it is always a pleasure to work with her each month. I don’t know what I would do without her.
I hope we continue to be business partners and continue to enjoy our success together.
We have been serving our area with home furnishings since 1947. Several years ago, we were in need of some help in the area of advertising. Since that time, they have helped us build and grow our business over the last several years. Everyone is not only easy to work with, but a joy to work with. It makes our advertising much easier having such knowledgeable people to work with. If you are looking for help with your advertising, I would strongly suggest you contact them.
Having worked with companies who don’t hold up their end of the bargain, I appreciate that I only have to ask for something one time and I know it’s doing to be taken care of. But they don’t only do the bare minimum – they go overboard to help me with new ideas even better solutions. I don’t have to micromanage their work, and I know I’m getting the best possible results.
I want to thank you for all your effort and support in helping us establish a strong and aggressive advertising program. In the 20 years I have been in retail you have the best organization to work with for my needs. You not only represent a good value, but the quality and timely manner you get our project done is a compliment to your whole team. It is nice to do business with a company that gets things done right the first time without all the drama. I have enjoyed the years we have worked together and look forward to a long and beneficial relationship in the future.
We appreciate your professionalism and promptness in handling the production of our circulars. As I have told you before, you have exceeded our expectations numerous times. I am especially thankful for the times when we are behind and put you under pressure to get it done within a shorter lead time, and you always come through. We have dealt with numerous companies through the years, you’re truly are the best! Your work is pretty much flawless. Thank you again for your wonderful work.
I have known and worked with them for over 20 years. They bring great professionalism, experience, knowledge, and a sense of security to our company. It’s always been a pleasure working with them. We value their opinions and are very proud to be associated with them.
They have taken our website to another level ! It is a pleasure to have worked with people who truly understand your needs and can show you there is no limit to your combined abilities. They are showing the furniture industry what eCommerce is all about. This company is on point – period. We are lucky to have worked with such talent. Thank you for what you have done for our company!
The experience I had was under promised and over delivered. While they downplayed their experience and expertise, our new website came in better than I envisioned, sooner than I expected and on budget. I couldn’t ask for any more.